(CNN Spanish) — A new season of LaLiga de España starts this friday and many teams arrive with renewed squads to try to win European places or the championship, among them the staunch rivals and, as always, main candidates: Barcelona and Real Madrid.
On the one hand, the merengue team will seek to repeat the title won in the 2021/2022 season. Despite the fact that he failed to sign his main target, the Frenchman Kylian Mbappé, the team was reinforced in various lines of the pitch.
As if that were not enough, those from the Spanish capital began the season with a title, defeating Germany’s Eintracht Frankfurt by 2-0 for the European Super Cup.
And on the other, the Blaugrana team, which is probably one of the European teams that was reinforced (a priori) in the best way, but days after playing matchday 1 of its league, the registration of its signings is still uncertain. due to economic issues.
Taking this into account, which set was better reinforced? Here we leave the signings for you to make the best decision.
Barcelona or Real Madrid? Which team was reinforced better?
Main signings of Barcelona
- Robert Lewandoski – Center forward from Bayern Munich in Germany. He signed a contract for four seasons, with a termination clause of 500 million euros.
- Jules Kounde – French central defender who came from Sevilla in Spain. His contract is for five seasons, with a termination clause of 1,000 million euros.
- Franck Yannick Kessie – Ivorian midfielder from Milan in Italy. He signed a contract until June 30, 2026 and has a release clause of 500 million euros.
- Andreas Bødtker Christensen – Danish defender from Chelsea in England. His contract expiration and his termination clause are the same as Kessie’s.
- Raphael Dias Belloli, (Raphinha) – Brazilian extreme striker from Leeds United in England. He signed a contract until June 30, 2027 and his termination clause was set at 1,000 million euros.
However, there is a problem with these transfers that has not yet been resolved. According to half Catalan SPORTBarcelona has had to activate various levers (sale of assets to obtain resources) in order to be within the rules of fair play economic of the Spanish LaLiga; likewise, it must accelerate the sale of some players and lower salaries. This is necessary so that the signings can be officially registered in the tournament. All this is in limbo and we will see if it is resolved.
Main losses of the blaugrana
Main signings of Real Madrid
- Aurelien Tchouameni – French midfielder from Monaco. According to the specialized site TransfermarktTchouaméni arrived at the merengue box for 80 million euros.
- Antonio Ruediger – German central defender from Chelsea. The player arrived at Real Madrid on a free transfer after ending his contract with the English club, reports Transfermarkt.
If we compare these reinforcements with those of Barcelona, those of the merengue team remain below just because they are less in number. However, Rüdiger arrives to shore up the central zone of the defense, something necessary that will free David Alaba to the side; and Tchouaméni up as one of the greatest promises in the midfield.
In addition, Real Madrid already had a practically formed team and does not have economic problems like its rival Barcelona.
Main casualties of the meringues
- Victor Chust – Spanish central defender. Real Madrid reached an agreement with Cádiz in Spain for the transfer of the player in exchange for 1 million euros, according to Transfermarkt.
- Takefusa Kubo – Japanese extreme striker. The player was transferred to Real Sociedad de España for 6.5 million euros, indicates Transfermarkt.
- Borja Mayoral – Spanish center forward. The player was sold to Getafe for €10 million.
- Miguel Gutierrez – Spanish left back. He arrived at Girona for €4 million.
- There are other players who left Real Madrid, but they did not mean immediate gains for the club: Luka Jovic, Gareth Bale, Isco and Marcellus.