Have you ever felt sore eyes plus a tense neck after working all day at the computer? Maybe this is why.
Hitekno.com – Do you often spend hours in front of a cellphone or computer screen?
If so, you have to be careful because there are several diseases that can attack your eyes due to this habit.
According to various sources, some diseases that are prone to perch in the eyes due to too much staring at cellphone and computer screens are:
1. Dry eyes
This is a condition in which the eye does not produce enough quality tears or tears to keep the eye moist and healthy. Symptoms include red, itchy, sore, gritty, and easily tired eyes. The reason could be due to lack of blinking while staring at the screen, dry air, or other factors.
2. Computer eye syndrome
This is an umbrella term for a number of complaints associated with overuse of digital screens, such as headaches, blurred vision, eye strain, sore neck and shoulders, and sensitivity to light. The cause could be due to the blue light from the screen, an ergonomic body position, or eye refraction disorders.
3. Myopia or nearsightedness
This is a condition in which the eye cannot see distant objects clearly. Symptoms include blurred vision when looking at distant objects, frequent frowning or squinting when looking at distant objects, and difficulty reading blackboards or street signs. The cause could be too often looking at close objects such as cellphone or computer screens, which strains the eye muscles and changes the shape of the eyeball.
To prevent or treat these diseases, there are several things you can do, such as:
– Set the ideal viewing distance between the eye and the screen, which is about 50-70 cm.
– Rest your eyes regularly by following the 20-20-20 rule, which is every 20 minutes look at objects that are 20 feet (about 6 meters) for 20 seconds.
– Use protective glasses that can absorb blue light from the screen or adjust the brightness and contrast of the screen according to the ambient light conditions.
– Eat foods rich in vitamins A, C, E, and other antioxidants that are good for eye health, such as carrots, spinach, oranges, avocados and blueberries.
By doing the things above, you can maintain the health of your eyes even though you have to do many activities in front of a cellphone or computer screen. Keep up the good work and don’t forget to always take care of your eyes!
#eye #diseases #arise #staring #cellphone #computer #screens