According to health experts, cardiovascular diseases They are the main cause of mortality in Mexico, even in the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, nutrition specialists from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), have offered a series of recommendations to get away from these problems.
On gastrolab, on more than one occasion we have been warned about the risks of excessive consumption of highly processed foods and the implications it has on health. Problems such as overweight, obesity and diabetes are other of the most common conditions that can occur when eating a diet with a high consumption of highly processed foods, which attract the attention of experts. In fact, it is known that the greater the abdominal fat the risk increases.
Review the following recommendations, to understand where all these ideas come from and how we can take care of ourselves to avoid being part of those terror figures that cardiovascular diseases represent in Mexico.
To avoid weight-bearing diseases, such as obesity, which is one of the main risk factors for cardiovascular disease, it is necessary to:
- Avoid large amounts of saturated fat or trans fat in your diet.
- Leave behind the fried, breaded or weathered dishes and better prepare them on the grill, wallpaper, baked or roasted. There are even baked preparations that simulate frying.
- Avoid industrialized products.
- Avoid the amount of sugars and refined flours, since they can cause an increase in triglycerides at the blood level and their excess produces more abdominal fat.
- Increase your water consumption.
- Make sure that in all your meals you have the consumption of vegetables, as well as the intake of one or two fruits a day.
- Cook with natural foods.
- Do physical activities.
- If you have a history, monitor your cardiovascular health and blood triglycerides constantly. Also try to keep your weight and fat percentage at healthy levels.