Are you interested in shaping the future of entertainment in Latin America?
Prime Video is one of the leading streaming services today, and we’re just getting started. Available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video delights customers with the broadest selection of any on-demand video service. Ranging from our award-winning and critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as The Boys and Argentina 1985, to our broadly-loved original hits like the LOL franchise and The Summer I Turned Pretty, plus live sports like Copa do Brasil and Formula 1, and everything our 15+ partners offer in their channels, Prime Video is the future of entertainment, and you can be a part of creating that future.
The Prime Video and Amazon Studios Consumer Insights team is looking for a highly driven Senior Research Manager to lead customer-focused primary and secondary research projects to help inform content and business strategy in Latin America.
The successful candidate will be experienced in a wide range of research methodologies in entertainment. They will possess an understanding of Latin American entertainment markets, viewing behavior and content trends. They will be a self-starter who thrives in change and ambiguity. They will skillfully manage the scope of effort of multiple, competing priorities, to ensure high-quality and timely delivery of research. They will have strong analytical and communication skills, and an ability to analyze and use complex datasets to derive actionable insights.
Key job responsibilities
Carry out title-level studies and trackers to inform creative and marketing decisions.
Lead in-depth studies to support mid- and long-term business strategy.
Conduct meta-analysis to produce consolidated, regional learnings.
Work in internal team projects to standardize best practices, streamline processes and enhance impact.
Contribute to teams’ day-to-day operational and planning tasks.
Collaborate with other teams (BI, Programming, Operations) to broaden our understanding of our customers and markets.
Write RFPs and questionnaires, analyze data from primary and secondary sources, write research papers and report results to stakeholders.
Work with vendors to insure successful execution of research projects (domestic and global).
Stay up-to-date with entertainment market trends in Latin America.
About the team
We are a high performance research team from diverse backgrounds, appointed with the great privilege and responsibility of representing the voice of our customers to inform decision-making of creative and business stakeholders in 8 countries.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Mexico City, DIF, MEX
– Experience leading primary research studies across various methodologies: online quant surveys, focus groups, 1:1, ethnographies, online qual, mobile
– Experience communicating results to stakeholders
– Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
– Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
– Bachelor degree and 8+ years of relevant experience or Masters degree and 5+ years of experience.
– Knowledge of Latin American entertainment markets.
– Intermediate to advanced R/Python and SQL.
– Intermediate data visualization and analysis skills (statistical inference, PCA, k-means, multilevel regression, design of experiments, ANOVA).
– Proficient in Spanish and English.
– Experience communicating results to senior leadership
– Experience on the research vendor side or within the research group of a media company
– Experience leading different types of viewer studies such as episode testing, dial testing, concept testing, series maintenance
– Experience guiding creative input, development and execution from concept to completion
– Advanced data analysis (complex sampling, predictive analysis, text analysis, sentiment analysis, network analysis, time series).
– Fluent in Portuguese.