The rapper was found guilty of assaulting Megan Thee Stallion in the trial and appealed, which was denied. He now faces nine years in prison.
So the verdict is in: Tory Lanez really needs to go to jail. Back on December 23, 2022, the 30-year-old rapper was found guilty of shooting Megan Thee Stallion in the foot on July 12, 2020. On March 29, 2023, Lanez formally appealed the verdict. He and his team spoke of an “unfair trial” and unlawful evidence. But on Tuesday, May 9, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge David J. Herriford ruled against further trial.
Lanez’s sentencing is scheduled for June 10, 2023 at 10:30 a.m., according to journalist Meghann Cuniff on Twitter.
The rapper, whose real name is Dayster Peterson, could face at least nine years in prison, Cuniff continued. She quoted District Attorney Alex Bott as saying, “I think if you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger five times, that could easily kill that person and I think there should be consequences for doing that.”
Megan Thee Stallion vs. Tory Lanez: Trial Overview
On July 12, 2020, Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion, born Megan Pete, were walking home together from a party at Kylie Jenner’s. When an argument broke out in the car, the musician left the car, after which she was shot in the feet from behind. Megan Thee Stallion initially testified that she stepped on glass to avoid being “considered a traitor”. However, she later made it public that she was shot and that she was certain Lanez was the shooter. In addition, the rapper accused the rapper of insulting her sexistically.
As evidence, the artist presented text messages from the night of the crime, which one of her companions sent to a bodyguard of Tory Lanez. “Tory shot Megan,” said one of those messages. In addition, various witnesses testified that they saw the rapper with a gun on the night of the crime. In addition, apology messages appeared that Lanez addressed to Megan Thee Stallion. Although these messages never spoke of the fact itself, it had become obvious that the rapper Tory Lanez regretted something. Several US media reported on it, including „Okayplayer“.
The last chapter of the court process
Defense attorney Jose Baez announced on April 25, 2023 that he would present new information regarding the rapper’s DNA evidence from the murder weapon that was presented during the trial. These were created in the course of an investigation in 2021. The accused is certain that the results must have been manipulated. He only took the test because he was “100% sure” that he had “never touched the gun,” Lanez said in a statement on Instagram he recorded in custody on April 26, 2023.
“With the help of LA Crime Labs DNA expert Randy Zepeda, prosecutors Kathy Ta and Alex Bott completely rigged my DNA results and lied to the world, the media and most importantly my jury by claiming my DNA was on of the weapon is not conclusive. That was an absolute lie,” it said.
Megan Thee Stallion processed the matter on her track “Shots Fired” from the 2020 album GOOD NEWS. She released her current album TRAUMAZINE last year. Tory Lanez’s most recent record was also released in 2022 and is called SORRY 4 WHAT.
#Request #hearing #rejected