On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata, Platinum End, a new project promotional image was released.
The statement also revealed new members of the voice cast, including:
- Megumi Han como Susumu Yuito.
- Saori Oonishi as Yuri Temari.
- Daiki Yamashita como Shuji Nakaumi.
- Gaku Yoneda como Kenjirou Tsuda.
- Ryouta Takeuchi like Yazeli.
- KNOW as Penema.
- Romi Park like Ogaro.
- Fumi Hirano like Muni.
The series is confirmed with twenty-four episodes and will cover the entirety of the original work, with Crunchyroll handling its distribution in the West. For their part, Obata and Ohba began publishing the manga in the magazine Jump SQ from the publisher Shueisha in November 2015, and ended it in January 2021. The duo also authored the manga Death Note, which was published in the magazine Weekly Shonen Jump between December 2003 and May 2006.
- Hideya Takahashi (Strike Witches: Road to Berlin, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind) is in charge of directing the first half of the anime at the studios Signal.MD. While Kazuchika Kise (Ghost in the Shell Arise, Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie) handles the direction of the second half.
- Kouji Oudate (No Game No Life) is in charge of character design.
- Shinichi Inotsume (Persona 5: The Animation, Hayate no Gotoku!, Gangsta) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Masahiro Tokuda (Cestvs: The Roman Fighter, Last Hope) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Platinum End Synopsis
After the death of his parents, young Mirai Kakehashi is left in the care of his abusive relatives. Since then, he has become gloomy and depressed, leading him to attempt suicide on the night of his high school graduation. However, he is saved by a pure white girl named Nasse who introduces herself as a guardian angel who wishes to bring him happiness by granting him supernatural powers and the opportunity to become the new god of the world. To win the position, he must defeat the other twelve candidates to become a deity within the next 999 days. Soon, Mirai begins a struggle for survival as a terrifying battle-royale erupts between him and the candidates seeking absolute power over the world.
Fountain: Comic Natalie
(c) Tsugumi Ohba / Takeshi Obata / Shueisha / Platinum End Production Committee