EL PASO, Texas – The El Paso Department of Public Health (DPH) and the El Paso Fire Department (EPFD), in partnership with Abundant Church and local health organizations, will be hosting a health and wellness fair this next Sunday, September 19, at 1000 Valley Crest Drive from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
At this fair health screenings will be offered, there will be information booths and referrals to other services. The free tests and services that will be offered are as follows:
- Blood pressure test
- Blood donations
- Body mass index test
- Rapid tests for the detection of sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Pneumonia Shots for People 65 Years and Older
- Herpes Vaccines for People 50 Years of Age and Older
- TDAP vaccines (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis)
- Dental exams
- Glucose test
- EPFD to Offer Free Flu Vaccines to People 65 Years and Older
- EPFD to Offer Free COVID-19 Vaccines for People 12 Years and Older
In addition, DPH will offer services including immunizations and dental care for children and adolescents. To receive any of these services, it is necessary to register in advance by calling the following telephone numbers:
- Dental care for children 6 months to 21 years of age: Rawlings Mobile Dental Clinic at (915) 497-5070
- Vaccines for pneumonia, herpes and tetanus vaccines for adults 18 years and older: (915) 212-6517
Other health organizations that will offer free services are Southwest Texas Insurance, Digestive Health Education, DoTerra Essential Oils, Superior Health, American Heart Association, Smile Magic, among others.
For more information, you can call (915) 212-6517 or visit www.ephealth.com and select the “Medicaid Waiver” tab.