For many users of the well-known social network based on videos and images, a great source of content can be posts made in the past so that everyone knows what was happening that same day a few years ago.
For those interested in sharing their memories or simply remembering their adventures from years ago, on Instagram there is the function “A day like today” to bring up stories from the past that can be seen again and shown to all contacts.
To activate this function, simply follow a series of steps that we will share below:
1. Go to create or add to stories from Instagram.
2. Make sure it appears “History” at the bottom of the screen.
3. Touch the icon “Create” (appears as two letters on the left of the screen).
4. Scroll right at the bottom until you reach the function “In this day”, a symbol of a clock with a counterclockwise arrow.
5. The function will display a previously published random story, along with how many years ago it was published.
6. To add it to History, simply touch the clock symbol to capture the frame. Then, in “Your story” in the lower left corner.
There is also another way to make use of this function, since it is possible without having to access the stories, to do this you have to enter the profile within the application and touch the three lines in the upper right part of the screen.
From there you have to tap on File, this will display a tab divided into recent stories, a calendar with the stories divided by date, and a map showing featured stories based on their location.
At this point, you just have to review the options, choose the publication to remember and once it is open, you have to touch the share button at the bottom of the screen. This will bring up the traditional interface for posting stories.
In this way, anyone can share the memories they want with all the users who are following them or even show a special moment only for the contacts added as best friends in the application.