Do you want to liven up the text in your next video? In this tutorial, you will learn how to create a wow-worthy video title by placing images in text with Adobe Premiere Pro. I will show you two different methods that you can use to create this effect.
If you are looking for images to use, Moyens I / O has covered you with countless options from our royalty-free library. Let’s get started!
Use Track Matte Key
Start by importing your movies into Premiere Pro. With your clip in Project window, right-click on it and select New sequence from clips.
2. About your Important graphics the panel is not visible, you can go up to Window and click Important graphics.
3. In the toolbar, select Write Tools.
4. Click Program window, and in capital letters, type the word you want on the screen for this effect.
5. Select your text and in Important graphics under the panel Text heading, adjust the size of the text to your liking. In our example, we will adjust it to fill the majority of the frame.
6. To extend the height of the text independently below Adjust and transform tab, click Set scale lock to disable the restrictions and adjust the height of your text to your liking.
7. Click Horizontal and vertical centering icons to center your text on the screen. Depending on your font, you may need to move the text.
8. On your timeline, adjust the duration of the text layer to match the duration of the video.
9. I Effects window search field, enter Track Matt key (under Video effects > Key folder) and drag this effect to the video on your timeline (not the text layer.)
10. With your video selected in the sequence, go to Power controls the window and below Track Matt key effect, select Video 2 in Matt drop-down menu. This is the track on which our text layer is located.
11. You now have the video displayed inside your text!
12. To change the background color in this effect, select both layers on your timeline and drag them up to Video Track 2 and Track 3.
13. I Project window, at the bottom right, click New item icon and select Color Matt.
14. I Color selector click a white area in the color window and press OK.
15. Subtract the white color matte Project window, on the V1 track in your sequence.
16. Select the video on the V2 track, go to Power controls and below Track Matt key > Matt, select Video 3 from the drop-down menu.
17. You now have your video in text with a white background!
Use mask with text
As a video editor, it is valuable to understand all the available options when creating certain effects – you can also use Important graphics window in Premiere Pro to place your video in text.
Use the cursor over an empty area on your timeline Text tool and enter a word you want in the frame.
2. Make sure the text layer is marked on your timeline so you can see it in Important graphics window Edit tab, go to your Project window and drag your video just below that text layer inside Important graphics panel window.
3. Select the text layer in Important graphics the window and below Appearance tab, select Mask with text box. You now have pictures inside your text!
4. To move the movie in the text, with the movie layer highlighted, change the size and position settings inside Important graphics to display the desired areas of the movie in the text.
You are welcome. You now know how to create a video in text effect! You can use this new skill with text, graphic elements or a logo to add a creative touch to your video titles.
Check out more of our Premiere Pro tutorial to learn skills such as how to stabilize shaky movies or how to add a slow-mo effect.
Want to see more from Alli Saunders? Look for new tutorials on the Moyens I / O blog or follow them Alli and Will on Youtube and Instagram.