When using Windows RDP, Dell business desktop owners may see higher central processing unit (CPU) usage.
High CPU usage may be close to 100% utilization of the processor.
This problem only occurs in the following situations:
- When using HDMI
- When a custom resolution is set on the remote computer, but a higher resolution is enabled on the host computer
What is Windows Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)?
This is an agreement developed by Microsoft. It provides you with a graphical user interface (GUI) that connects to another computer via a network connection. RDP client software is used for this purpose, and the computer you connect to must be running RDP server software.
As long as you use HDMI v1.4, you will find driver resource problems.
Update to the latest Intel graphics driver on your computer to resolve this issue. To download and install the latest graphics driver, please follow the steps mentioned below.
warn:Downloading and installing drivers or software developed by Dell from third parties or unknown sources may cause the computer or device to not work properly. This may cause the computer to crash or fail to boot to the operating system. In rare cases, it may be infected with computer viruses, Trojan horses or other malicious software.
remind:Drivers for third-party or non-Dell products. For example, non-Dell brand printers, docking stations, webcams, scanners, monitors. It must be downloaded from the device manufacturer’s website.
- Browse to https://www.dell.com/support/drivers.
- Identify your Dell computer:
- Click on Download and install SupportAssist To automatically detect your Dell computer. Follow the instructions on the screen to install Dell SupportAssist. For more information, please refer to the Dell Knowledge Base article Dell SupportAssist (formerly known as Dell System Detect): Overview and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Enter the service tag of the laptop and click search。
- Or, click Browse all products, And then select your Dell computer from the catalog.
- Select the one installed on the Dell computeroperating system。
- exist Category Next, select Video。
- Find the latest Intel UHD Graphics Driver (126.96.36.19910, A03 or higher).
- Click on DownloadTo save the file to your computer.
- OpenFile ExplorerAnd browse to the location where you saved the downloaded file.
- Double-click the downloaded graphics driver settings file, and then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process.
Rate this article