With Windows RDP, Dell business desktop owners may experience high CPU utilization.
If CPU utilization is high, processor utilization can approach 100%.
This issue only occurred under the following conditions:
- If you are using HDMI
- If the remote computer has a custom resolution set, but the host computer has high resolution enabled
What is Windows Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)?
This is a protocol developed by Microsoft. Provides a graphical user interface (GUI) that connects to another computer over a network connection. The RDP client software is used for this purpose, but the connecting computer must run the RDP server software.
Each time I used HDMI v1.4, a driver resource issue was identified.
Updating to the latest Intel graphics driver on your computer will resolve the issue. To download and install the latest graphics driver, follow these steps:
WARNING: If you download and install Dell-developed drivers or software from a third-party or unknown source, your computer or device may not work properly. This can cause your computer to crash or your operating system to not boot. In rare cases, your computer can be infected with viruses, Trojan horses, or other malicious software.
Note:Drivers for third-party or non-Dell products. Non-Dell printers, docking stations, webcams, scanners, monitors, etc. Must be downloaded from the device manufacturer’s website.
- See https://www.dell.com/support/drivers.
- Identify your Dell PC.
- Download and install SupportAssistClick to auto-detect your Dell computer. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Dell Support Assist. For more information, see the Dell Knowledge Base article Dell SupportAssist (formerly Dell System Detect): Overview and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Enter the service tag of your laptop and[ 検索]Click.
- or,[All product referencesClick and select your Dell PC from the list.
- Installed on your Dell PCoperating systemChoose.
- latest Intel UHD Graphics Driver Find (220.127.116.1110, A03 or later).
- ［downloadClick to save the file to your computer.
- ［Explorer]And browse to the location where the downloaded file is saved.
- Double-click the downloaded graphics driver setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Rate this document