Facebook Messenger It is considered the second best application in the world if we talk about instant messaging platforms. During the course of this year, the aforementioned light blue application has been updated a few times to bring new tools such as: soundmojis and video calls that already have end-to-end encryption. This time we are going to teach you a trick to delete all chats from a smartphone or computer.
There are many reasons to leave your chat tray empty in Facebook Messenger, either because you are going to change accounts, you do not want them to see the content of a conversation, because there has been no activity for a long time, etc. Although it seems something very simple to do, there are millions of users who do not know how to delete chats if they are browsing from a computer, laptop, tablet and even the same mobile phone.
SIGHT: Learn how to change the background of your Facebook Messenger video calls
It is important to clarify that you will not be able to delete all the conversations with a single click or in a single step, it means that you will have to delete them one by one; Likewise, if there are photos, videos and documents in that chat that you consider of utmost importance, once you delete everything you will not be able to recover it. We recommend that you review everything in detail before you perform this action.
HOW TO DELETE CHATS FROM A SMARTPHONE
- open Facebook Messenger.
- Now, click for a few seconds on any conversation.
- Several options will be displayed, choose the one that says ‘Delete’.
- The following notice will appear: “Delete the whole conversation?” If you delete your copy of the conversation you will not be able to recover it “, very important point.
- If you consider that within that chat there is nothing relevant then proceed to touch on ‘Delete’.
- The same procedure can be done with the group chats, so it will not be necessary to leave a group to delete its content. Something that in WhatsApp is mandatory.
HOW TO DELETE CHATS FROM A PC
- Sign in to Facebook and head over to the conversations icon.
- All chats will be displayed and at the bottom you will see the option ‘See everything in Messenger’, press it.
- Now, hover over the chat you have chosen until it becomes shaded.
- Then, click on the three ellipsis that are located on the right side (…)
- Finally click on ‘Delete chat’.
Do you have a problem with Facebook Messenger and do you want to report it? click here to report something that is not working properly in the app. If what you want is to report abuses or other conversations that violate Messenger rules, press the following link. You can also shake your smartphone to report a problem.