Elijah Mitchell (born May 2, 1998 in Erath, Louisiana) is an American football player in the running back position. He plays for the San Francisco 49ers in the National Football League. Previously played college football for Louisiana and was selected in the sixth round of the 2021 NFL Draft by the San Francisco 49ers.
Mitchell grew up in Erath, Louisiana and attended Erath High School there. As a senior, he was only able to play eight games due to injury. Nevertheless, he was able to run 1903 yards and 28 touchdowns. In his three seasons he was able to run a total of 4045 yards in 457 attempts and 50 touchdowns. He chose to play college football at the University of Louisiana.
As a freshman, he was able to run 257 yards in 42 attempts and four touchdowns before he had to end the 2017 season after just five games due to a foot injury. The next year he could run for 985 yards and 13 touchdowns. He was also able to catch 20 passes for 349 yards and three touchdowns and he was elected to the second team All-Sun Belt in the end. In 2019 he ran 1147 yards and 16 touchdowns and was finally elected back into the second team All-Sun Belt. In his senior year he was able to run in ten games 878 yards in 141 attempts and eight touchdowns and he was elected to the first-team All-Sun Belt for the first time.
College statistics[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
|Elijah Mitchell||To run||To catch|
Mitchell was selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the 2021 NFL Draft with the 194th pick in the sixth round.
- UL’s Elijah Mitchell Named Senior of the Week. 22. September 2020, accessed on May 4, 2021 (English).
- Trey Labat: Erath’s Elijah Mitchell commits to Cajuns. Retrieved May 4, 2021 (American English).
- Tim Buckley: Not rushed to return, UL’s Mitchell is running well now. Retrieved May 4, 2021 (American English).
- Healthy Mitchell ready to run for Cajuns. Retrieved May 4, 2021 (English).
- Daniella Medina: Elijah Mitchell: 5 things to know about the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns football running back. Retrieved May 4, 2021 (American English).
- Andrew DiCecco: Ragin’ Cajun RB Elijah Mitchell leading the way for Louisiana | PFN. In: Pro Football Network. 24. September 2020, accessed on May 4, 2021 (American English).
- UL’s Elijah Mitchell Listed as Top 15 RB For 2021 NFL Draft. October 13, 2020, accessed on May 4, 2021 (American English).
- Sun Belt Conference: 2020 Sun Belt Football Postseason Awards Announced. Retrieved May 4, 2021 (English).
- 49ers Select RB Elijah Mitchell with the No. 194 Pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. Retrieved May 4, 2021 (American English).