RZ Pellets WAC – TSV Egger Glas Hartberg
Friday, April 21, 2023, 7:30 p.m., Lavanttal Arena (live on Sky), referee: Christopher Jäger
– TSV Egger Glas Hartberg won the second duel this season in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga against RZ Pellets WAC 2:1 after the Carinthians won the first duel. Only once did a team manage to win two games in a row in this BL duel – the WAC in the 2019/20 season.
– TSV Egger Glas Hartberg won in two games in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga against RZ Pellets WAC despite conceding three goals – 4:3 in October 2018 and 3:3 in July 2020. No other Bundesliga team managed that twice against the Carinthians.
– The RZ Pellets WAC won two of the three games in the qualifying group (1N) – that’s just as many wins as in the previous 12 games in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga combined. In the master group, the Carinthians could never win two of the first three games.
– RZ Pellets WAC scored in four of the 14 games this season in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga after being 1-0 down (3S 1U) – in the previous season there were five points won (3S 2U 12N). One of the three wins of the season after a 1-0 deficit came from Wolfsberg in the first duel of the season against TSV Egger Glas Hartberg.
– RZ Pellets WAC player Thorsten Röcher is about to play his 250th game in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga (70 for WAC, 52 for Sturm, 127 for Mattersburg). Röcher scored his fifth goal of the BL season in a 3-1 win in Lustenau (one of them in the 3-1 win in the first game of the season against Hartberg) – as many as he did for SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz in 2019/20.
CASHPOINT SCR Altach – SV Guntamatic Ried
Saturday, April 22, 2023, 5 p.m., CASHPOINT Arena (live on Sky), referee: Sebastian Gishamer
– CASHPOINT SCR Altach has won five of the 10 duels against SV Guntamatic Ried in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga since the Innviertler were promoted to the Bundesliga in 2020 – against no other team so many during this period. The 18 goals scored are Altach’s highest against a competitor since July 2020.
– Die SV Guntamatic Ried has been in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga for three away games against the CASHPOINT SCR Altach undefeated (1S 2U) – never longer. Ried won the first away game in Altach this BL season 2-1, Ried has never had two away wins in a BL season near Altach.
– CASHPOINT SCR Altach lost 18 points to the ADMIRAL Bundesliga this season – more than any other team. In the last BL duel against SV Guntamatic Ried, Altach lost 2-1 after leading 1-0 – it is Ried’s only win from behind this season.
– CASHPOINT SCR Altach scored more points (4) in three games under Klaus Schmidt than in the last nine games under Miroslav Klose (3). Altach won the first BL home game under Schmidt, under Klose there were two wins in 11 home games in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga.
– Klaus Schmidt is in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga unbeaten against SV Guntamatic Ried for four games (1S 3U), he only lost the first of five duels – on February 23, 2008 with SK Austria Kärnten. After this defeat, Frenkie Schinkels took over at Kärnten, Klaus Schmidt only came to his second BL station as head coach in 2017 – at CASHPOINT SCR Altach.
WSG Tirol vs. SC Austria Lustenau
Saturday, April 22, 2023, 5:00 p.m., Tivoli Stadium Tirol (live on Sky), referee: Alexander Harkam
– SC Austria Lustenau won the first duel in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga in the 1st round 2-1, it was the first Lustenau BL victory after 25 BL games without a win. WSG Tirol won the second duel of the season 3:2, it was the first WSG victory against a promoted team (5 defeats against SV Ried, Klagenfurt and Lustenau).
– WSG Tirol won the last four home games in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga in the qualifying group, before that the Tyrolean team remained without a win in their first seven home games in the qualifying group (3U 4N).
– SC Austria Lustenau clinched their third away win this season in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga at the start of the qualifying group (1-0 in Hartberg) – one more than in the first three BL seasons combined (2). For the first time, two BL away games were won in a row.
– SC Austria Lustenau has not conceded in the last two ADMIRAL Bundesliga away games, in the first 64 BL away games in the club’s history Lustenau has only kept one clean sheet (0-0 against FC Wacker Innsbruck on March 20, 1999).
– Lustenaus Anthony Schmid scored in both season duels against WSG Tirol, but has been goalless since the last game against WSG in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga (a total of 3 BL goals). In addition to Schmid, Anderson also scored in both season duels against WSG Tirol. No SC Austria Lustenau player has managed to score against an opponent in three Bundesliga matches this season.
FK Austria Vienna – SK Austria Klagenfurt
Sunday, April 23, 2023, 2:30 p.m., Generali Arena (live on Sky), referee: Stefan Ebner
– FK Austria Wien is unbeaten against SK Austria Klagenfurt in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga (W2 D4). FK Austria Wien has scored at least twice in each of the last three matches.
– FK Austria Wien remained undefeated in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga in the first four home games in 2023 – as in the previous season (3 W 1 D). Michael Wimmer remained unbeaten in his first four BL home games as Austria-Vienna coach – like his direct predecessor Manfred Schmid (even 6 – 1S 5U).
– SK Austria Klagenfurt celebrated five away wins this season in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga, more than in the entire previous season (4S in 16 away games). The Klagenfurt-based team only celebrated one win in the championship group in the previous season (3U 6N), but this was in an away game on April 17, 2022 at WAC (2:1).
– SK Austria Klagenfurt scored 16 goals from set pieces – the highest this season in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga and only one fewer than in the entire previous season (17). FK Austria Wien conceded 13 goals from set pieces – only SC Austria Lustenau (15) more this BL season.
– Austria Wien’s Haris Tabakovic scored 10 goals and was directly involved in 11 goals in 2023 in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga – all-time highs. In lap 26, however, he is missing due to a yellow-red suspension. FK Austria Wien has been without a win in games without the 28-year-old Swiss this season (D2 L1) and has scored almost a goal less per game without Tabakovic (1.0) than with him (1.9).
LASK – SK Rapid Wien
Sunday, April 23, 2023, 2:30 p.m., Raiffeisen Arena (live on Sky), referee: Alan Kijas
– SK Rapid Wien scored 12 games in a row against LASK in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga (a total of 24 goals) – like last time from 1987 to 1995 (also 12 games).
– LASK won only one of the last 11 duels in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga against SK Rapid Vienna (2:1 at home in round 4) with two draws and eight defeats. In BL home games, the athletes from Linz have been unbeaten for three games against Rapid (1W 2U) – LASK last stayed longer without a BL home defeat against Hütteldorfer from March 2000 to August 2007 (4 – 2W 2U).
– LASK remained unbeaten in the first three games of the championship group for the first time (1W 2U) and lost only one of the nine BL games in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga in the calendar year 2023 (4W 4U) – only Salzburg is still unbeaten in 2023 (6W 3U).
– SK Rapid Wien scored five goals after vertical attacks (moves that start in their own half and in which at least 50% are played towards the opposing goal) – like SC Austria Lustenau and no team in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga this season more.
– Rapid’s Guido Burgstaller was directly involved in 17 goals this season in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga (16 goals, 1 assist) – a shared maximum with Keito Nakamura from LASK. Only Markus Pink scored 16 goals. However, Burgstaller is missing against LASK due to a yellow card suspension (5th yellow card) and thus for the first time in a BL game this season.
SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz – FC Red Bull Salzburg
Sunday, April 23, 2023, 5 p.m., Merkur Arena (live on Sky), referee: Harald Lechner
– For the 12th time, SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz and FC Red Bull Salzburg will duel as the leading duo in an ADMIRAL Bundesliga game. Sturm won three of these games, Salzburg six, with two draws.
– SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz has been unbeaten in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga for three games against FC Red Bull Salzburg (2 W 1 D) – like last time in 2016 (back then even 4 in a row). The Styrians won the last two BL home games against Salzburg – for the first time since 2006. Sturm last managed more BL home wins in a row against Salzburg from October 1997 to October 1998 (then 3).
– FC Red Bull Salzburg has been unbeaten since the 2nd round (1:2 against SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga (W17 6U). The Salzburg team had only been unbeaten for that long from December 2012 to November 2013 (33 games at the time – Bundesliga record).
– FC Red Bull Salzburg won 11 away games in a row in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga – for the first time in club history. The Bundesliga record for away wins in a row is 12 and was set by LASK (May 2019 to March 2020) and FK Austria Wien (May to November 1985).
– SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz and FC Red Bull Salzburg have shared the most vertical attacks (moves that start in their own half and at least 50% of which are played towards the opposite goal) this season in the ADMIRAL Bundesliga with 50 each However, this BL season, Sturm have had the fewest plays with at least 10 passes (50), while Salzburg has the most such plays (146).