After the Battlefield 2042 update 3, DICE and Electronic Arts give us today information on the next update of the game which will take place tomorrow.
A new balancing approach
This is a small update that will be deployed this Thursday, December 9 and the developers specify that it will be the last of the year. After that, the teams will take a rest and return in 2022 for the preparation of Season 1 and the rest of the content planned for next year. In the meantime, here are the improvements planned for Battlefield 2042 starting tomorrow.
- Improved recording of bullet impact on targets.
- Balancing dispersion and recoil.
- New balancing of 30, 40 and 57mm ground vehicle guns to reduce their effectiveness against infantry.
- Fixed a rare bug that could make a player invisible to the enemy.
- Fixed several bugs related to grenades and launchers.
- Improved menu flow for Xbox gamers to more easily access cross-play options.
- Audio enhancement focused on clarity, distance and directional perception to improve your overall sound experience.
Battlefield 2042 Update 3.1 Patch Notes
- Players who are not party leaders can now cancel while in a queue.
- Xbox – Cross-play can be turned on / off in the Options menu on Xbox.
- Filter settings are now correctly saved when refreshing the Battlefield Portal server browser.
- Fixed equipment sometimes being empty on the spawning screen after joining a server, preventing weapon selection.
- Improved the way the console aim assist works.
- The Ranger’s effective combat range and health have been reduced.
- Various changes have been made to the overall audio experience to improve clarity, distance, and directional perception.
- Fixed the footsteps of soldiers who did not always sound good indoors.
- Removed grenade rebound (mod) when firing at close range.
- 40mm anti-armor grenades now correctly damage vehicles.
- Fixed weapons not displaying the correct amount of ammo with certain magazines.
- DXR-1 and NTW-50 (Bolt-Action Rifles) reload speed animation accelerated by 0.2 seconds.
- Adjusted the dispersion values of most weapons. Dispersion now decreases faster when shooting piecemeal or taking short bursts.
- Adjusted the dispersion increase for most weapons. It now takes a little longer for weapons to lose accuracy in long bursts.
- Adjustment of the recoil values to avoid too strong jerks (AK24, LCMG, PKP-BP, SFAR-M GL and PP-29).
- Improved guessing accuracy for all submachine guns to better stand out from other automatic weapon archetypes.
- Reduced dispersion and recoil of SMGs to improve performance during prolonged fire.
- Improved recoil control for all weapons, especially automatic weapons.
- Increased damage and effectiveness of the MCS-880 at close range (buckshot and darts).
- Fixed a bug where the SFAR-M GL and K30 projectiles were fired below the target location.
- Fixed vehicle weapons sometimes not dealing explosive damage on direct impact.
- Reduced the effectiveness of the 30mm gun of land vehicles against infantry. It overheats faster, has a slightly reduced rate of fire and explosive damage, and its damage decreases faster over distance.
- Rate of fire: 350 -> 330
- Heat per shot: 0.13 -> 0.14
- Heating per second: 0.5 -> 0.475
- Explosive damage: 20 -> 18
- LCAA Hovercraft – 40mm LPG Grenade Launcher
- Reduced explosive damage: 55 -> 35
- The 40mm upward-facing teleoperated system is easier to use.
- EBAA Wildcat – Canon 57 mm
- Removal of dispersion.
- Munitions : 12 -> 8
- Damage on impact: 85 -> 75
- Explosive damage: 70 -> 35
- Fragmentation grenade detonation delay increased: 1.1s -> 1.4s after first bounce, in collision with hard surface.
- Increased damage from frag grenades in all modes. They inflict 120 damage and ensure the elimination of armored characters.
- Reduced the maximum number of ammunition for frag grenades and incendiary grenades: 2 -> 1 Proximity sensor
- Reduction of the tracking radius: 30 m -> 20 m
- Reduction of operating time: 30 s -> 14 s
- Reduction in the number of transportable and deployable proximity sensors: 2 -> 1
Battlefield Hazard Zone
- Fixed an issue that caused Occupation Forces LATV4 Recon to spawn at the wrong time or not at all.
- Kaleidoscope – Removed the capture lens from the roof. There are now two capture objectives at the bottom in Breakthrough (large) and one in Breakthrough (small).
- Orbital – Removed the capture lens from the roof. There is now a single capture objective at the bottom in Breakthrough (large) and Breakthrough (small).
- Hourglass – Removed the capture objective from the roof. There is now a single capture objective at the bottom in Breakthrough (large) and Breakthrough (small). Fixed an issue that caused players to spawn off the map.
- Improved situations where you bump into objects while backing up while lying down.
- Fixed a rare issue where players could become invisible when spawning on a destroyed vehicle.