SITE : Montreal, Quebec (CA-QC)
JOB NUMBER: 58007
Why you should join our team:
Are you looking for the next step in your career where you can have a big impact on the success of your business? In this dynamic role, you will be an integral member of our Supply, Trade and Optimization (AÉO) group at our Montreal refinery. One of your main activities will be to provide analytical support to the Specialty Products team (including the Asphalt, Petrochemicals and Residual Fuels teams). You will answer business questions and guide our refined products strategy by researching and collecting market data and intelligence and translating it into relevant information and reports.
You will use your expertise to:
- Support the development and implementation of marketing strategies
- Prepare analyzes to inform the decision-making process (market conditions, price studies)
- Present answers, conclusions and predictions in various forms
- Help capitalize on business growth opportunities
- Support the AÉO’s Finance and Planning team with weekly transfer pricing audits
- Collaborate with the Performance and Optimization team to make calls on weekly and monthly forecasts (Marketview – short-term linear program for prices and volumes)
- Contribute to monthly analysis and budget activities (business plan, ten-year plan, secondary transportation costs)
- Support the logistics activities of schedulers and the commercial activities of distributors, and ensure replacement during vacation periods
We would like to analyze your request if you have …
Essential (minimum) requirements:
- Experience as an analyst, scheduler or in a position related to commercial activities
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to recognize short-term and long-term market trends
- Strong writing, oral communication and presentation skills
- Bilingualism – French and English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges in changing market conditions
- Accord with our values: safety above all, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and continuous learning, and act with integrity
- Post-secondary education in business, economics, finance, marketing, supply chain or engineering
- Understanding of the functioning of specialized markets
Your workplace, your schedule and other important information :
- You will work in our Montreal office, located at 11701 Sherbrooke Street East
- Normal working hours are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with the possibility of extended working hours depending on business needs
- Depending on the nature of the position, we have implemented a hybrid work model to provide our employees with flexibility through a combination of working at the office and working from home. To find out more, talk to your recruiter
- We need qualified, safety-focused employees to fill business critical positions that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations.
- Suncor encourages everyone to collaborate and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 by adopting good hygiene practices, respecting physical distancing from others, and demonstrating care and concern. consideration for the people around you. To learn more about the steps we are taking to fight COVID-19, click here #plusfortsensemble
We are Canada’s largest integrated energy company through our portfolio of activities which includes the development and upgrading of oil sands, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining and the marketing of products under the Petro-Canada brand. Our presence on the international scene allows you to take advantage of interesting opportunities where you can learn, contribute and develop yourself in various positions that will advance your career. We put safety first – if it’s not safe, don’t. Our strong track record of growth and our focus on sustainable development present extremely promising future prospects. Learn more about our reason to be and our values.
In addition to rewarding jobs, we also offer an attractive employee compensation program, including:
- a base salary, competitive compensation programs and an annual incentive program;
- an à la carte social benefits program;
- attractive retirement and savings plans.
Stay in touch with us:
- follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to view the most recent job postings and the latest news.
- Join our Talent community and sign up for personalized job alerts.
- Check out our newsletter Suncor Connections to see what we are doing in the communities where we live and work.
We are an employer subscribing to the principle of equal access to employment which encourages all qualified people to apply. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accommodating accessibility measures as needed.
Please note that our vacancies are usually posted for two weeks; don’t wait and apply now.
Job Category: Professional