Aremania submitted a subpoena to a number of parties regarding the Kanjuruhan Tragedy in Malang. The incident that occurred after the Arema FC vs. Persebaya Surabaya match, Saturday (1/10/2022) killed 131 people.
Through the Aremania Legal Aid Assistance Team, subpoenas were addressed to many parties. Starting from the General Chairperson of PSSI, Mochamad Iriawan, Minister of Youth and Sports Zainudin Amali, to President Joko Widodo.
In his claim, Aremania demanding an apology to the Chairman of the PSSI until Jokowi, no later than three days after the summons was issued. In addition, the demands of dragging the perpetrators to prison until civil and criminal liability are also filed.
“We expect good faith from the responsible parties to immediately fulfill all of our demands. If within 3 x 24 hours there is no good faith from the parties, then we will take legal action,” Aremania wrote, as reported CNN Indonesia.
Here are 9 Claims Aremania:
1. Urge the President of the Republic of Indonesia, the Minister of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Indonesia, the National Police Chief, the Commander of the Indonesian Armed Forces, the Indonesian House of Representatives, the Chairman of PSSI, the Director of PT. LIB, Arema FC Management, and the match organizing committee, to apologize publicly through the national media within a period of no later than 3 (three) days after this open subpoena was submitted.
2. Demanding an open statement from the security forces and the organizers through the media that the loss of life at the Kanjuruhan Stadium, Malang Regency was purely the fault of the organizers and the security forces within a period of no later than 3 (three) days after this open summons was submitted.
3. Demanding the determination of the suspect to the perpetrators within a period of 3 (three) days from the submission of this open subpoena.
4. Demand civil and criminal legal liability by related parties.
5. Demand that the organizers and match officials ensure that there is insurance (insurance) related to the rights of the victims, both those who died and those who were injured.
6. Ensure that the repressive actions of the security forces will not be repeated in the handling of crowds of supporters in the stadium by violating various laws and regulations, especially the implementation of Human Rights Principles.
7. Urge the State, in this case represented through state institutions, such as Komnas HAM, Kompolnas, POM TNI, and others, to immediately carry out a thorough, accountable and integrated transparent investigation of the tragedy that has resulted in 131 fatalities (temporary data) and injured victims by forming an independent team of investigators, to examine allegations of human rights violations by security forces, alleged violations of professionalism and the performance of members of the police and military who are on duty in the field.
8. Urge the President, the National Police Chief and the TNI Commander to carry out a thorough evaluation of the tragedy that took the lives of both supporters and members of the police force.
9. Urge the involvement of the Aremania Legal Aid Assistance Team in all processes of investigating the humanitarian tragedy on October 1, 2022 at the Kanjuruhan Stadium, Malang Regency.
Watch the video ‘Confession of Arema Players to Komnas HAM: No Attacks from Supporters’: