63% of Spaniards are satisfied with the functioning of municipal public services

The results of the IV Public Services Satisfaction Barometer, promoted by the Urban Services Observatory (OSUR), show a increase in the global satisfaction index of municipal servicesgoing from 57 percent registered in 2019, to 63 in 2022.

The number of dissatisfied people is also reduced, by four percentage points, and there is a general decrease of the most critical positionswhile the very positive and the indifferent increase, the latter especially in cities with traditionally good results.

The water supply continues to be the best valued public service in Spain, with 74 percent positive feedback and only eleven percent of dissatisfied people.

The results of this fourth edition of the Barometer are the result of a survey conducted by ODC to 5,210 people in order to reflect the opinion of the citizens of the 30 most populous cities in the country: Madrid, Barcelona, ​​Valencia, Seville, Saragossa, MálagaMurcia, Palma de Mallorca, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Bilbao, Alicante, Córdoba, ValladolidVigo, Gijón, L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Vitoria, A Coruña, Granada, Elche, OviedoTerrassa, Badalona, ​​Cartagena, Jerez de la Frontera, Sabadell, Móstoles, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Pamplona and Alcala de Henares.

According to the results, there is a generalized improvement of municipal services, especially care services for green areas and conservation of public spaces and street cleaning, which went from 37 percent of positive assessments, to 55 and 52 percent, respectively.

At 74%, the water supply It is the best valued service for the Spanish. More than seven out of ten people are satisfied, and only eleven percent express dissatisfaction.

Compared to the previous edition, the most valued aspects are kept of the service: operational management (proper functioning of the meter, pressure, continuity of service), and the quality of the water supplied.

Secondly, the public transport and mobility service obtains an average of 60% satisfaction three percentage points more than in the previous barometer of 2019.

Dissatisfied people represent 16 percentone percentage point less than in 2019. The state of cleanliness and conservation of public transport vehicles and the frequency of buses are the most valued aspects, with 59 percent of people satisfied, although it drops 13 percentage points with respect to the results of 2019. The fluidity of vehicle traffic and the price also improve, and are very close to the approved price.

The rubbish and waste collection gets 60 percent positive reviews and 18 percent dissatisfied users. What is most appreciated by users is the frequency of the rubbish collection service and the container service for selective collection.

The care of green areas and the conservation of public spaces and sports facilities ranks fourth, in order of valuation, and up 18 percentage pointsup to 55.

The number of dissatisfied people improves, from 26 percent in 2019, to 21 today. The highest score, with 55 percent satisfaction, is obtained by the quality of the facilitiesbut the rest of the aspects examined move around 45 percent of satisfied people and much less dissatisfied (-20 percent).

Street cleaning is at the bottom, despite the fact that it rises 15 percentage points compared to 2019, scoring 52 percent of satisfied people, and 27 unsatisfied, ten percentage points less than in the previous barometer.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.